Friday, August 31, 2012

HAPPY FRIDAY, DEAR FRIENDS *_^

Ooooh aren't you excited it is friday?, I am!, long weekend fun, here we come! ^_^
 
I started the weekend with an adorable quick to-do, which was to make my little snail pal Charlie a home.
 
Charlie is a little snail about 1/2 inch big, that I found lingering in a few fern plants I brought inside last week, as I was preparing my little owl planters for their shipment to their new homes
 

My porcelain owl planter available at my
Etsy Shop Muddy Heart Pottery
 

 

So I went out to my backyard with a shovel in hand, Chloe (my baby yorkie...and the light of my life ^_^) in search for moss and fresh greens.... I rummaged through my herb planter and got basil, sage and parsley....some random little shade loving ground plants and while I was searching I found another snail!, so I named her Penny, and brought her in ....  So now Charlie has a lovely home and a new friend to keep him company. What started as a simple nature discovery turned into a cute new ecosystem in just minutes.... Charlie and Penny met, knocking their eyes, and went their separate ways, enjoying the yummy delights I placed for them: Egg shells, pieces of mushrooms, wild strawberries, basil, parsley, rosemary and sage ^_^
 
Maybe you've never thought much about snails, I mean who has?, but if you look closely, you'll be able to appreciate their delicate moves and find interesting new friends...creating your own terrarium and adding a snail or two will be a darling little labor day weekend project, don't you think?
 
I hope you enjoy the long weekend!
 
Toodles, Meli
 
 






No comments:

Post a Comment