Friday, September 7, 2012

A busy week & a new Kiln!

Hi dear friends!; another week has raced by, but for me, it has been a fabulous fast week, filled with many new wonderful things and improvements!...here's the recap:

 A recently organized and more stylish studio/craft room -- This is what I did most of my long weekend, I painted some furniture on saturday, and organized and re-decorated my studio/craft room all day sunday and monday. It looks wonderful!, and every time I walk inside, I feel happier and more inspired to create wonderful pottery!

 


A new automatic kiln and its very own brand spanking new kiln room! --Meet Steven! (I dubbed him after my husband, because he's hot! hehe). Yes, I have been waiting for this bad boy to arrive all the way from Palm Beach, and it recently came, and my amazing husband spent his long weekend building my fabulous kiln room, along with doing all of the electrical work required, and now it is time to do a test firing and start firing all my work in-house!!.

Until now I have been firing my pieces at a firing studio where I pay for each firing, and it is terrifying to have to package all of my "oh-so-very-delicate" greenware and drive 6 miles to it, many a time losing several pieces to the commute....one of the main culprits is the various train tracks I have to drive over...I literally cringe and screech as my car rolls over them....it is so painful to see my hard work be wrecked by bumps on the road, literally! *_^.  But no more!

Here are some pieces I am currently working on :

Carved Porcelain Pieces -- I am working on a "luxe" line, where I push my abilities as an artist and create more detailed and time-consuming work....these will be amazing to work on and amazing to own.... so far I have a gorgeous vase I will call "Honey-Combing", it is a stunning piece!, so far I have spent over 2 hours between hand-building it, sanding it, and now carving it...but the carving is only 1/4 done, and this weekend I will work on it more, hopefully completing the carving, so it can be bisque fired, and then glazed and high fired.

I am open to color suggestions!, so do share your opinion on what color you think this vase should be!


I hope you have a wonderful weekend!


XoX, Meli

No comments:

Post a Comment