Monday, September 22, 2014

A week full of inspiration and work...

Lately it seems I have been running on very little sleep....between work, orders, new designs and preparing for the many upcoming holiday shows, it seems like I have been running purely on caffeine (thanks Nespresso + Starbucks).

To add to my juggling act, I received a call from a local shop I ADORE! (no lie, I am obsessed with them). They wanted me to showcase at their fall faire, and of course, it was a honor, and I said YES!! and jumped at the chance.


I don't know what it is about lack of sleep, but my creative mind just ignites with ideas and creative energy, and I feel incredible!....not so hot the next day, but that's another story *_^.



I set out to finish some new pieces for the show within a 3 day window, and managed to make a beautiful array of pieces that delighted the shop owner and the customers.

I am certainly seeing myself and my pieces change....I love the metamorphosis as an artist, it is this process of improvement and renewal that keeps me intrigued, and I hope you do too.

Until next time,
Xo
Meli











No comments:

Post a Comment