Monday, November 5, 2012

My first craft show

Hi friends!; as some of you know, this past saturday I had my first craft show ever.
It is a funny thing to think that with all of my craftiness, and my previous attempts at trying to sell things I made, I had never tried to sell at a craft show before, and I must say that this particular show was a great way to get my feet wet in the handmade-vendor pool.


My booth being set up
The entire week before the show, I was averaging a bed time of 4am, waking up for work  at 8am; the late nights were due to glazing, creating pieces, making tags, pricing pieces, taking inventory and working on my displays.

I used natural crates to create height and interest

I tried to be unique, making sure that my look remained natural and cohesive. Many buyers and vendors complimeted me on my booth look, many even asked if I had a shop location!; I am always so flattered to receive any and all compliments!; It's so nice to see that other people appreciate your work and efforts as much or even more than I do! *_^

 
I met a number of great people, vendors and buyers alike; and made a good amount of sales, so overall, even though I have been sleeping super late lately, and I feel so tired from rushing to get ready for the show, I must say that I am so happy that I did this, and I feel I will be doing more craft shows and fairs next year ^_^



1 comment: