Friday, November 9, 2012

My recent trip to Amsterdam


Happy Friday dear friends!. I am so excited about this weekend, I have a little open house lined up for my neighbors and friends to see my pottery work, and I am finally free enough to plan my daffodil and tulip planting design! ^_^. 
 
 
This past spring, I visited Europe, and one of my stops was the amazing and very known Flower Market in Amsterdam. You can imagine being the flower lover that I am, that I was in absolute heaven!; there were so many beautiful varieties of tulips, peonies, daffodils etc. that I wanted to buy 3 extra suitcases to fill with bags of bulbs and tubers and attempt the crazy idea of clearing customs with my splurge.... funny thing is I would have probably been detained for trying to smuggle flowers, but for those other travelers, trying to smuggle the "other" infamous legal plant, they more than likely got through *_*
 
Gorgeous canal homes
My favorite flower, the alluring PEONY
 
I did get to bring 2 bags of 10 amazing tulips each, only 14 were viable, so those were carefully stashed in a dry and cool location in my home, and I am so itching to plant them in their new home, to delight me and my husband with their amazing color come spring.
Amazingly huge AMARYLLIS


A view of one of the market stands

Endless selection of tulips, SO CHEAP!



 I also got to smuggle another addiction of mine, CHEESE!, yes, I LOOOOOOOOOVE cheese!, I am happy to say I believe I must have been a rat in a past life, because I adore cheeses, the stinkier the better, apparently *_^ . 


A view of an underground cheese shop in Amsterdam by the flower market
 
I ADORE to travel, and during each travel, I break my own personal record of the number of photos I take; during this 2 week European voyage I took a whopping 7000 photos!
 
I have over 30 gig of photos time shared between my PC, my husband's 2 PCs and my laptop.... for some absurd reason, I have not thought of buying an external hard drive, but don't worry, it is on my "to buy list" for black Friday @ Best Buy! hehe
 
Before I say Adieu, let me remind you that there is still 4 days to enter my giveaway!, you and anyone you know could win a $20 gift certificate for MUDDY HEART POTTERY!, that is a great gift either for yourself or a free gift to give to anyone on your Christmas list!.  It is free to enter, and available WORLDWIDE!
 
Enter by clicking the photo below:
 


Have a lovely weekend!!

XoX, Meli

2 comments:

  1. I live in Germany. I would be more than welcome to give ya a tour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, thank you for the offer!; I will be back to Europe soon (I hope! *_^ ); I haven't been to Germany yet, but I love to travel through photos and it is GORGEOUS! ^_^ thank you Vanessa!
      Hugs!, Meli

      Delete